Goa, located in west coast line on Indian sub-continent, is one of most prominent tourist places in India. Because of the high number of foot falls on a daily basis, the security of the City and traffic regulation across Goa were the key concerns of the Goa police. i2V, an expert in enterprise project especially in safe city surveillances was selected by the Police to provide technologically reliable solutions. Together with D-link (Camera provider), i2V implemented a firm and robust video surveillance systems on the highways, highly populated places, monuments etc. The project was executed in year 2013 and is the first step towards smart city surveillance.
Keeping in mind the safety requirement of Goa police, i2V provided the solution which not only increased the security of the City but also improved the traffic management. i2V solution composed of Video Monitoring System, Advanced Video Analytics and multiple site surveillance. The system connected all the police stations which helped the Goa police to communicate easier and faster.Video monitoring System provided to the City Police helps monitor all the video surveillance devices (IP cctv cameras, DVRs, NVRs) from a single central location. The features are:
- Facility to send alert messages on detection of any breach or accident/ event. The alert sent by i2V VMS can be in the form of pop up on screen, SMS, email to authority, sound alarm etc
- Facility to group the cameras on the basis of station, location, area or any other basis. Using this feature a user can search, view, or monitor particular camera with much efficiency and in less time
- Facility to monitor cameras from any remote location through web and mobile surveillance features
- E-maps which show status of all cameras, devices and alerts. It shows the health of cameras, their Connect or Disconnect Status
- Facility to assign the authorization for monitoring particular cameras by respective dignitaries
Advanced Video Analytics are those software programs which reduce the requirement of human presence to monitor the cameras and do automatic analysis. With the help of their artificial intelligence, video analytics were put to use in multiple areas.
- Stopped vehicle detection on highways and express ways to detect any violation where it is not allowed for a vehicle to stop
- Wrong way detection on highways and other roadways to detect any vehicle going in wrong direction
- Intrusion detection to detect the entry of someone in restricted place
- Abandoned baggage detection to detect any baggage on any object left by someone
- Crowd detection to manage the density of people on a particular place to avoid possible accident
- Loitering detection to detect a suspected person loitering in a premise
- Camera tampering detection for detecting manipulation of cameras
- Automatic classification and counting of vehicles to count and classify vehicle on highways. It helps in surveying vehicles to manage and regulate their increasing density in the city.
Along with these, i2V provided some additional safety features like:
Snapshot of an event: Whenever there is a breach or event, the software takes the snapshot of that event and sends it to respected authority.
Advanced PTZ solution: The PTZ cameras installed at various places have features enabling them to rotate, tilt and zoom at any location and cover a wide range. Whenever a fixed camera detects an event, it sends signal to the nearby PTZ that zooms at that location and tracks the records.
Enterprise level projects and importance of Video Management Software & Video Analytics
If you are not able to provide the desired surveillance to your client even after providing the best quality Hardware, servers etc, it makes no sense of them. The intangible technology (software) plays very important role in fulfilling the requirement especially in large projects where the number of cameras are in thousands.
Similarly in video surveillance industry, importance of software is even greater. Following are the features, a VMS (Video Management Software) must possess to work on large projects:
- The software must be able to handle large number of cameras without crashing
- The software must be able to support wide variety of camera models as the client does not always possess cameras of same brand
- The software must be highly stable and excellent in performance
- It must possess the features like failover, redundancy, mobile surveillance, web surveillance to make the task easier for customer
- It should provide the facility to group the cameras on the basis of station, location, area or any other parameters. This facility helps user search, view, or monitor particular camera with much efficiency and in less time
- The software should provide advanced video analytics which helps user to keep track of thousands of cameras simultaneously from a single location. This is important in detecting breach, missed object, left object, fire or any kind of threat
- The analytics should have excellent accuracy
- The software should have the facility to send alarms, SMS, email etc at the time of any breach/event
- The software should be capable of integrating third party devices like alarms, sensors, PIDS and access control
- It should have facility to define proactive response mechanism as per predefined rules, in case of any breach
- The software should possess E-maps which show status of all cameras, devices alerts, and the health of cameras, their Connect / Disconnect Status etc.
Competencies of i2V
- i2V software can run more number of cameras on the same hardware configuration hence you can save almost 40% of your hardware cost.
- The software can run with almost all kinds of IP camera brands, so if a client has cameras of 2-3 brands, i2V software is best.
- A client does not need to buy a separate NVR to run the camera; i2V software can be installed in any PC and provide its functionality.
- In NVRs, you can use only a fixed number of cameras and you cannot expand it. If you want to increase the number of cameras you need to buy a new NVR. But with i2V, you can anytime increase the number of cameras without changing anything.
- As i2V is specialist in software making, the quality, stability and performance of software is of high standard.
- i2V provides analytics which are very accurate and highly efficient.
- i2V provides one call support services.